Monday, February 18, 2008

Sound: #25: Am I a music pirate? It's hard to know...

There are so many rules for this!! The first time penetaly for illegally copying music, five years in prison and/or $250,000 in fines, is quite scary!

Ok, I'm gonna have to go home and try and burn a CD. I believe the hardest part will be 1. seeing if my computer will still do this function and 2. finding a CD. This is something that I have never needed to do before. Seems a little archaic when we can download to the MP3 player.

I will report back! ----Ok, I'm back... That is not something I will ever do again (unless I really, really have to!) It is so much easier to use a an flash drive.

On the sharing music. --- Do you think music and musicians benefit more from strict copyright protections online or free and open sharing?

With the little that I understand I think the musicians would benefit more if there are strick copyright protections online. After all they are in the business to make money.

No comments: